Thursday, April 08, 2004

I am not a big pet fan, but some people have absolutely crazy connections with their pets, dogs especially:

A recent Yankelovich study for American Demographics found that nearly a third of respondents and half of all single people said that of everyone in their lives, they relied most on pets for companionship and affection. Distressingly often, owners have confessed to me that they could survive the loss of a companion or spouse, but they're not sure how they could live without their dog.

I have to say, that I prefer a talking human as a companion than a dog. Yes, I really liked having a dog as a kid, but there is something to be said for being able to discuss and argue with some one who can respond, and has opposible thumbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home