Thursday, July 01, 2004

From The Onion A.V. Club's review of America's Heart and Soul:

Technically, the film is a documentary, but it's closer to an advertisement or a state-funded propaganda film, calibrated to appeal to emotional, unreflective instincts through shimmering hogwash. If this is a real cross-section of America, then where are the needy, the disenfranchised, and the assholes?

Jason and I saw a preview for this when we saw Napoleon Dynamite last week. From the preview, I agree with The Onion:

A few of the subjects would be interesting if more than five minutes were devoted to them

so, I don't think I'll be seeing this. Plus, it did that crappy thing where you get all emotional because the sweeping shots and smarmy music evoke some sort of patriotism. I don't want a Disney film doing that to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home