Friday, June 25, 2004

Good article, thanks to Jason, on NPR. I am an avid listener (though not at the present moment due to a pledge drive--I already made a number of donnations this year, so don't get snippy with me) on the way to and from work each day. The author definately has a point--there is a voice that appeals to boomers that is rather too sedate for the rest of us:

The Voice is tough to describe, but you know it when you hear it: It's serious, carefully modulated, genially authoritative. It rings with unspoken knowledge of good wine and The New York Times Book Review.

I have, though, joined the ranks of those who enjoy it. I, truly, enjoy Wait, wait. I am also a big fan of Ira Glass (he is just too cool). I guess I am the target demographic for my Public Radio station. I like just about everything they air, and will live for quite some time yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home