Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I meant to post this story yesterday, because I agree with the sentiment in the headline:

The Lamest Dynasty in Sports

though not for most of the reasons outlined in the article. I think the Patriots are a lame dynasty because they are from a part of the country that isn't gung-ho about football. New England likes football, yes, but it isn't a religion like it is in some places down south.

Granted, I am sure there are a million-plus people standing around in Boston right now (or maybe the parade is over?) to welcome the winners home, but somehow I can't imagine that the furvor would be as great as for some other teams. Note this: I know of no one (granted, I don't know many people--but nonetheless) who is taking time out of their day to go up to Boston (a mere 35 miles away) and witness the parade. I am sure that in Texas the local companies would just give the day off because so many people would be out.

So, I think it is funny that the Pats have won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls, and the fans are respectfully polite about the wins, but are focused on when the Bruins will be on the ice again and when spring training starts for the Sox. Those who think football is life must be pissed. Heh--I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home