Monday, January 19, 2004

Today is Martin Luther King Jr Day. And I don't have the day off from work. It reminds me when I was in about 7th grade up in NH and there was a petition circulating in the hallway to make it a day off for us. At that point in time in NH, MLK Day was known as Civil Rights Day (which seems more appropriate to me, since MLK wasn't the only person who fought and died for the Civil Rights Movement), and almost no one had the day off. I thought now it was standard to take the day. I guess I am wrong

In general, seems pretty rediculous to have a so called "national holiday" where business still goes on as usual. We should follow the Europeans. On thier holidays everything shuts down. Some one told me never go to Europe during Auguest, as the whole place is shut down for summer holiday. Lucky bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home