Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Another interesting Slate article. This one is from today, and focuses on how more technology can really bring too much of a good thing. Evidently with HDTV and Hi-Def movies you can really see the details of a star on the big (or little) screen, including blemishes that are usually hidden and the make-up that is hiding them.

It is an interesting thought--maybe we don't want/need to see the world in all of its reality. Part of the reason one (or at least I) watch TV is to escape from some of the reality of life. The last think I want to see is just how cratored Robert Redford's face is. (I had a roommate once who didn't think Redford was very handsome just for that reason.) I like the more blurred picture of him that I have in my head and on my 19" TV. (Esp. in The Sting, what a hotty!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home