Monday, February 09, 2004

A very cool blog entry about NADD (Nerd Attention Deficiency Disorder). I know I have it. Unless I am really engrossed in a project, I can't spend more than 10 or 15 minutes focusing on any one thing. I always have about 8 or 10 windows open on my desktop, and am easily distracted by things in my office. It happens all the time when I am cleaning up around our apartment. I go to put something away, and find something else that needs to be put away in the place where I put the first item away. My movements through the house, if captured as a function of time on a big cleaning day would look like a large web.

Of course, there is the alternate occurance, when I get focused. I can focus on reading, or writing a MATLAB script, or working on some engineering problem, or writing a poem/journal entry/etc. and completely lose track of the time and where I am. But I have to really get caught up in the project and forget that I have 8 or 9 other windows open, or that I have a cool toy sitting on the other side of my office that I need to open up and figure out how it works...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home